Thursday, July 14, 2011

Day 2 Part 2

Is it just me or does everybody get MEANER when you're dieting? It's like they know that tears bring on weight loss so they start becoming... well... meaner. Or maybe I'm super sensitive right now and feeling crappy about my accidental calorie OD during lunch. I know that I need to be acutely aware of advice right now. Especially from those who have fought the same battle and won but at the moment, I'm looking at the brownies on top of my refrigerator ready to commit diet suicide.

My coping mechanism is poison to me right now and I'm realizing that this journey is going to be as much emotional as it is physical. Which only brings me to question what the appeal factor is about food anyway. What is it about this thing that became so important to me that my over indulgence is threatening my life?

Will an icy soda chase away the boogie man when I wake up at night with a nightmare? Will a giant taco jump up and kill the spiders in my garage? Tomorrow, when I stub my toe on one of my children's assorted toys, will a piece of cheesecake kiss the boo boo and make it better? NO! (At least I hope not) The soda will stay in it's glass, the taco will stay on the plate in the kitchen and the cheesecake will stay at the store in its shiny plastic. So why am I so dependent?

I've always described myself as a non-addict. I don't develop addictions easily and when I do, they're usually easily broken but food GLORIOUS FOOD. I just can't say "goodbye." I can't cut the strings. I can however make choices to be healthy both physically and emotionally so tomorrow, I think I'll call a therapist. Lord knows if I can fathom super hero soda pop, I need professional help.

1 comment:

  1. I think that's a great idea! If you feel as though it's reached "addiction" levels, then you definitely need to do 2 things: admit the problem and that's it bigger than yourself--you need help/support.
    Way to go!
    If you've ever watched the show Mike and Molly, they met at an Overeater's Anonymous meeting : )

    ReplyDelete